Wharton Saturday, July 11

Flight and/or trip reports
null_void

Wharton Saturday, July 11

Post by null_void »

We had a decent sized group of pilots show up to fly on Saturday, and it was a great day for local soaring. Winds in the air were very slow, and clouds were abundant. Dave, German, Mick, Robin, Sasha and I all took early afternoon flights, towed by Tiki of course and assisted by Gene. Even though I landed early compared to the rest of the group, I still had an hour and 18 minutes flight time, which is a personal best for me. The lift varied somewhat widely depending on which cloud one was under, sometimes being in the 200-300 fpm range, and sometimes shoving us skyward at 700 or more fpm. Cloud base was somewhere around 4900 feet, and I believe that I saw all of the pilots there at one point or another.

In the late afternoon, we got a surprise visit from Aaron and his mother Yvonne. Since the conditions were still nice, Aaron and I each took an evening flight. We flew together for a while before pushing our way back through slightly stronger winds toward the LZ. Aaron clocked in at just over 50 minutes flight time, and will be back out at the airport on Sunday for more.
Read Bixby

nuclear
Site Admin

Re: Wharton Saturday, July 11

Post by nuclear »

Congratulations on the personal best!

Thanks for the write up.
Matthew McCleskey