Dry Canyon Fall Fly-In

I want to go flying. Do you want to go flying? Let's talk about it here.
Nate

Dry Canyon Fall Fly-In

Post by Nate »

The weekend after XC Bohl, the 9-12 of October in Alamogordo, NM. A short drive down I-10.

Sure it is a long drive, but get a buddy to share the driving an enjoy some low traffic wide open west Texas.

Dry offers up some nice glass off conditions but also XC. Fall XC is available as well though usually flights are less than 30 miles. There is an easy XC going south along the massive cliffs for 20 miles and then making the 20 mile return. It has nice visuals of White Sands and the aspens in the mountains while looking down on 1500 ft cliffs.... 8-)

Tiki

Re: Dry Canyon Fall Fly-In

Post by Tiki »

That sounds great Nate, thanks for keeping us up to date - I hope some people make the trek.

Nate

Post by Nate »

The long range wx looks favorable. If anyone has the footlaunch itch and urge to see both White Sands and aspens in the same flight, let me know.

I'm in Midland for work this week and will head west Friday. 8-)

Nate

Post by Nate »

The fly in offered up 3 days in a row of great flying with pilots from TX, CO, NM

It was a long drive but the climbs to 12k with views of the yellow aspens in the mountains and the white sands below were full value.