Call for USHPA Director Nominations

General discussion of topics relevant to free flight in Texas
EGARZA

Call for USHPA Director Nominations

Post by EGARZA »

Probably(Hopefully) you have received the below note from USHPA recently:

"The USHPA board of directors will decrease to its final count of 10 members in January, completing the restructuring process. Four seats on the board will be up for a national membership vote this fall, and nominations are open until September 1.

If you know someone who:

is passionate about hang gliding and paragliding;
is strongly motivated to help with the protection and growth of free-flight aviation; and
can both create and communicate goals to achieve their ideas, and then collaborate with a diverse team to follow through on them

…then please consider nominating them for the board!"

I'd encourage you all to go and participate on this important process for the future of our sport and even more so I'd ask you to consider enter a nomination for Tiki Mashy, beyond covering the 3 qualities mentioned above (and more), she has been a previous director, a champion pilot, school owner and couldn't think of better representation for ourselves

Fly safe

Efrain
Efrain Garza

nuclear
Site Admin

Re: Call for USHPA Director Nominations

Post by nuclear »

Thanks for posting this.

It would be great to have Tiki representing our interests on the board again. As the owner of CU she sees how USHPA policies work (or don't work) in practice. She's always been willing to speak her mind and has advocated for things like transparency, which I think is sorely needed. If she's up for another go at it, she definitely has my nomination and vote.
Matthew McCleskey