GO LONG in TEXAS

General discussion of topics relevant to free flight in Texas
Tiki

GO LONG in TEXAS

Post by Tiki »

Last night we had an in-person meeting to discuss preparations for Go Long. Thank you so much for those who attended: Tyson, Matt, Makbule, Henry &, Bob F. And big thanks to Robin, who was also there, and who had the great idea to start this planning early. Of course this is just the first of several planning meetings to come.

We met at St. Arnold's Brewery - it was all outdoor seating and far too noisy for a Zoom conference. We met at 630 and of course some of us were fashionably late, and the meeting concluded at 9:30p. We stayed focused on the planning issues using the time to toss around ideas and necessary logistics.

I will be writing up those notes. One crucial item that came out of the meeting is that help will be needed. We need to put our best Texas foot forward so I am hopeful everyone will pitch in and help. Don't be surprised if you receive a personal call or text to volunteer help.

This weekend we need to layout and measure the distances for the sunshade sail canopy (24x24). Matt has welded and delivered the steel poles and they are ready to be set in the ground. We need a few people to help with that this coming weekend.

We are off to a good start - I 'll be back with those meeting notes . . . to be continued ....